View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #2781
AlysonRR
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
That might be the secret to a long marriage - no time to fight! (jk)
Our "separation" has had it's good points for us, the most significant being that when he starts yelling or being an idiot I can hang up on him and we take a break and start up again when everyone is calm. We're not very good at that in person, but it works great on the phone. Lots of nice (but not cheap!) vacations, in a very popular destination.

It still sucks, but we don't see the situation changing anytime soon - no jobs for DH up here. His first boss didn't like telecommuting - she didn't think you were working unless she could see you . But the most recent one thought work-family balance was a good thing so DH has been able to stay 5-6 days (or sometimes 10 days - 2 weekends and the intervening weekdays) each visit, and work from home. He's getting a new boss soon - hopefully s/he will be as willing to let DH work at home.

My worst nightmare with our situation is if we're still doing it in a couple years I will be stuck at home parenting two teenagers alone - ack!