View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #74
wenmc
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenmc View Post
The one thing that I really need to work on in 2013 is to curb the "impulse" spending - you know, walk into a store, find a bunch of stamp sets or paper packs on clearance and buy them - not because I need them but because they are such a great bargain.
Well, I totally failed on this one already! Went to Michael's while in Louisiana over the holidays and picked up 3 Hero Arts stamp sets because they were 80% off. No, I didn't really need 3 more holiday themed sets, but they were on sale. And then there was the $5 stamp sale at Michael's this week; although that wasn't really impulse - I made the trip to the store just for that!

But I have resisted the online places that got me into trouble last year - overstock.com and joanns.com were particularly dangerous. And all too often I fell into the "free shipping" trap that so many have mentioned; it really doesn't pay if you buy $50 in stuff you really didn't want to get free shipping on the $25 worth of stuff you really wanted and used.

My son is headed back to college this weekend so I'll get my open space on the guest room floor back - I was making serious progress sorting (with the goal of eventually purging) before the holidays, but that was put on hold when he got into town (the drum set was relocated to the guest room ... don't get me started).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!