View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #69
jeffnval
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I just don't do anything financial at all online. All my friends do, but they can't talk me into it. I tend to panic over minor things so I just try to avoid any stresses that I can. I realize that limits me on what I can get. I have to find it in a store, or a friend will order for me at times, but I don't like to ask. I know I'm now in the minority, but I'm too old to change my ways now! LOL
Hi Kathy!
I totally understand about being in the minority. I have followed the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Program for the last 5 years. I pay CASH for everything! Groceries, gas, little trips to Wal Mart, eating out at Restaurants, etc. Once when I was doing my 2 week grocery trip, I paid approx. $400 in cash for my groceries and I was asked if I was a "drug dealer" b/c nobody pays cash anymore!

It keeps me in budget and I can't overspend if I do not have it. Right?

Well, how I get around the ordering online thing, is I get a pre-paid Visa gift card each month loaded with what I have budgeted. Both Hubby and I have agreed on that amount and that is what I have.

Maybe that might be something you can consider to keep your banking and personal info private.

Blessings,
Valerie