View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #22
cveneruso
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
Okay-- I think I'm honored. I'm certainly a touch confused! I stumbled on this thread while cruising the galleries, wondering who else shared my name, Brenda. I'd never participated with the Queen challenges, but I'd been truly impressed with the queen cards that showed up on the favorites threads, where I'm notifying. The crafters who were chosen as queens are clearly scs A team, and have been at it a lot longer than I have. Was I supposed to wait for notification?

and WOW! The cards that have already been posted are amazing! Gotta get going on commenting.

My username: The duck part should be obvious, if you follow college sports, particularly football. I'm a Duck, through and through-- undergrad and graduate-- University of Oregon Ducks. Tess is a bit more obscure. The 1962 (timeless, really) Newberry Award winner for Children's Literature, A Wrinkle in Time, is a favorite of mine. The tesseract in the book is a fictitious science concept, a force that can "wrinkle" time and space. Then, there's tessellations in math-- patterns repeated over a surface. I was an elementary teacher with a passion for math and science. I chose Tess as my outdoor school name (adult staff for our school's ROS for 15 years), short for tesseract and tessellations. TMI?

What now?
Makes sense now, thanks for the back story. you know we love to learning our fellow stampers's stories.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!