View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #2631
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

What does it say about life that my first thought was 'cookies? Dang, I need a girlfriend.'

Actually it was funny--had my annual review yesterday and afterwards my mgr (single custodial Dad of his two girls) were kidding around about how much more smootly life might run if each of us could afford to support someone who'd stay home and take care of logistical care and household things. He said 'I need a wife,' and I said 'yeah, I do too.' He shot me one of his Oh? looks and I told him, well I supported a husband for ages but he didn't vacuum so I think I need an upgrade.

I was happy--review went well. We all agreed my performance dropped some around time of a couple of major life events but I was surprised to hear that mgr's mgr heard from multiple peer managers in technology and business units we partner with that the training I've delivered this year went above and beyond anything else they'd gotten and that I made it fun to boot. I was SO happy to hear that--I knew it went well but had no idea the nice comments bubbled up to senior mgr level. So I got a good review. We won't find out about raises until next month--evidently the whole division head reviews everything and then assigns percentages based on available funds and some other complicated jibberjabber. Great.

If I do get one it will be the first time in about 5 years between old company, pay cut for contracting, and salary at this job (they matched old company's salary which had been frozen for a while).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!