View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #2003
tamijo
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Ok, that makes sense to me. I kept picturing an "unannounced pop quiz" type inservice or an "unannounced observation" type inservice which I knew wasn't right.

Don't you get paid for the mandatory inservice hours that you put in over the 24 hours? DH (and me when I was working, although I was at a different school district) has the option to do 2 inservice days over the summer and if he does them over the summer he doesn't have to go to the scheduled inservice days the Friday before President's Day or Columbus Day. If he chooses not to do 2 inservice days over the summer, then he has to go to school and do inservice days on President's Day and Columbus Day. Any inservice days he does beyond those 2 trade off days are paid. I think that he had 8 or 10 inservice days this summer, one he was teaching about using ipads in the classroom to other teachers, and he was paid for all of them but 2.
Nope! We just earn extra hours- but since we now have a different rubric it puts us at our "above and beyond" thing- blech. We also have 10 years for recertification. Anything above our 24 (1 then we can count toward our 90 hours.