View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
jennypete
Insane Embellisher

I'm in Alberta as well ladies. I have actually never been charged duty on my MFT packages, but I only have ordered stamps and dies before I was on the MFT DT, so maybe replenishment packages containing larger, heavier card stock are more of a 'red flag'? I don't think you can get a customs bill later (but don't quote me)...whenever I have been dinged with other companies, the PO holds your package til you pay. The shipping is crazy fast with FedEx, as the other girls mentioned: from Florida to central AB is a week, tops! I can totally see where you'd be frustrated, as I order a lot online now (since Scrapbookers Paradise in Red Deer closed down- which did carry MFT) and shipping can be very costly to Canada. I would say to do what Gunnergirlchase suggested, and order less frequently with larger orders to qualify for the cherry on top! which would be discount enough to pretty much cover that FedEx charge Or splitting with a friend! Watch: Now I'll be pulled for customs every time, just for pointing out that I never have been!! lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!