Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Paper Pumpkin

Anyone sign up for this yet? I did this morning but for some reason I am not sure it really went through. After entering the cc info it asked me if I was a demo or not and when I clicked no it acted like nothing happened.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Well as I'm a demo my process was different than yours. Did you get a confirmation email? You should have and make sure to check your spam folder too. If you don't see one I'd call stampin' up! 1-800-stampup

Doesn't it look fun??? I can't wait to get mine!!!!! It's such a cute idea and neat because boxes like this are really popular right now. I wanted to do the makeup Birchbox one until I saw the price, lol! :-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I did get a confirmation email so maybe I am good to go. I am excited about it, looks fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Ditto on the Birchbox!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure "regular" people can sign up for it right now? I don't see it on the SU site.

Birchbox is only $10 total... considering that INCLUDES shipping, that doesn't strike me as high.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Emily, are you calling demos "irregular"? :p

It should be available to everyone starting today. Customers can select a demo when they sign up at mypaperpumpkin.com. kits ship in March. Demos will likely be sending out newsletters and blog info today or tomorrow, myself included. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #7  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Are you sure "regular" people can sign up for it right now? I don't see it on the SU site.

Birchbox is only $10 total... considering that INCLUDES shipping, that doesn't strike me as high.
Oh well maybe I'm confused. Or do you have to pay it all up front for birchbox???

And the SU paper pumpkin should be available to anyone. It probably isn't on the regular website. It has its own site. I don't know how to link from my phone but I think it's mypaperpumpkin.com.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

See also info on this thread here

????? About My Paper Pumpkin by bound4london at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Hey Emily, are you calling demos "irregular"? :p

It should be available to everyone starting today. Customers can select a demo when they sign up at mypaperpumpkin.com. kits ship in March. Demos will likely be sending out newsletters and blog info today or tomorrow, myself included. :-)
LOL. No, I meant maybe SU doesn't think we are as special as demos so maybe you guys got first crack at it. Like when you get to order products from new catalogs ahead of time.

Minders, there is a year-long subscription where you have to pay upfront to the tune of $120 or whatever, but there is also an ongoing subscription where you are billed each month. Maybe it was originally only available as the prepaid choice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
LOL. No, I meant maybe SU doesn't think we are as special as demos so maybe you guys got first crack at it. Like when you get to order products from new catalogs ahead of time.

Minders, there is a year-long subscription where you have to pay upfront to the tune of $120 or whatever, but there is also an ongoing subscription where you are billed each month. Maybe it was originally only available as the prepaid choice?
No, there is no special pre-order for demos this time around!

I think that some browsers have problems with the new SU sites with all the graphics and stuff. I use a Mac and Safari and have had no problems but those with IE I think have! Try a new browser for those who can't open it! It should be working!

As far as Birchbox maybe I just didn't read close enough:-) I think it was really late at night the night I went to check it out, lol!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I've looked at the website for this. The only place it shows what the trial package is shows me 2 tiny stamps and some paper a block and a stamp pad. No samples. It needs samples.

What is birchbox?

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I've looked at the website for this. The only place it shows what the trial package is shows me 2 tiny stamps and some paper a block and a stamp pad. No samples. It needs samples.

What is birchbox?
The sample is pictured in the kit. It's supposed to be a surprise I think. And birchbox is a beauty product subscription service where you get samples of all kinds of beauty products.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #13  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by snow4197View Post
Anyone sign up for this yet? I did this morning but for some reason I am not sure it really went through. After entering the cc info it asked me if I was a demo or not and when I clicked no it acted like nothing happened.
It should have then asked you to choose a demo (and you could put in your favorite demo's name).

Once it goes through, you are supposed to receive an email. Check for the email, if not, call your demo who can call SU! (still have 40 minutes before SU! closes for the day!)

Today is the first "official" live day. Kits won't ship until Mar 10.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
The sample is pictured in the kit. It's supposed to be a surprise I think. And birchbox is a beauty product subscription service where you get samples of all kinds of beauty products.
Thanks for answering.

I just think a sample or two might help sales.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
Thanks for answering.

I just think a sample or two might help sales.
Yeah I don't disagree but I'm wondering if they are doing it this way so people can't just go and semi-case the project without buying the kit, kwim? I dunno..just my guess! :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I saw some assembled samples on some demo blogs who were able to go to Leadership. I'm sure there will be some in the gallery or elsewhere online in the next week, as those demos who got their kits for free recover from their fun weekend and have time to put them together at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #17  

Here's a blog post by my roomie:
Karina's Kreations: My Paper Pumpkin Announcement!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Can anyone explain to me why I would spend $19.95 each month for a surprise package? I'm pretty sure I own enough SU stuff to surf SCS and make something new every month. Is this to try out new things? Mix it up a bit? Or are they marketing to someone new to paper crafting?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Many companies and online stores feature monthly papercrafting kits, where you get a surprise mix of paper and accessories. Some come with instruction sheets, others are just supplies that you can use however you want.

SU's kits can be used by those who already own the entire catalog (I'm not there yet!) because they include exclusive products not available through the catalog or online. You could take the monthly kit and assemble it exactly as the instructions show, or you can take the elements to turn a card kit into 3 scrapbook pages using some of your own stash, as an example.

But this kit is also fun because it's good for brand new paper crafters. Maybe your daughter is in college and doesn't have room to store 75 ink pads and hundreds of stamps, but she can be creative with a monthly surprise kit using exactly what comes in the box - all you need are scissors and adhesive. Or your grandma is retired but enjoys making cards using Hallmark software (ok this is a real life example!), so this is a chance for her to try the hand-made version in an affordable way. It's also great for those crafters who may not have a local demo to learn from, because the instructions are right in the box.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SU is obviously trying new things and mixing it all up a bit. Many demos have monthly clubs and it appears that SU is trying out their own version of that. But I'm not all that impressed with the project to want to subscribe; the colors don't appeal to me and I don't like using stickers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Makalah, now I understand. I didn't realize there were items not readily available in the catalogs. I'm not in the target audience (Fabulous SU & CTMH demos nearby and a group of ladies that meet every week) so I was baffled. And the $19.95 every month seemed a bit too often and too much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #22  

Quote:

Originally Posted by edie453View Post
Can anyone explain to me why I would spend $19.95 each month for a surprise package? I'm pretty sure I own enough SU stuff to surf SCS and make something new every month. Is this to try out new things? Mix it up a bit? Or are they marketing to someone new to paper crafting?
Plain and simple....because it's fun! Honestly there aren't a lot of fun surprises in life are there? I pretty much get junk and bills in the mail. So, I'm all for getting a pretty and fun package once a month to make me smile.

And yes, this is perfect for the younger demographic they are trying to attract to SU. Right up our alley! AND this is great for those who might say they lack creativity (they don't have to come up with the project...it's already designed for them), they don't have space for lots of stamping supplies, or they have limited time. These are supposed to be assembled in about 30 minutes.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #23  

Oh, and you can also opt out by a certain time each month! So, if you don't want a box every month you can opt out for that one, make sense? :-)

SU is going to be trying LOTS of new things this year! So hold onto your hats people, lol! :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #24  

Quote:

Originally Posted by edie453View Post
If you go to the website (mypaperpumpkin.com) and read the intro blurb ... it's aimed at people with little time. New crafters who don't have all the supplies that most of us have. It helps them get started.

As Mindy said, more experienced crafters can take the supplies and step it up if they want. Or just bypass the subscription and continue to purchase the way they already have.

It's another option. Obviously, as a demo, I'm hoping that it will appeal to some of my current customers, and bring me new ones.

And yes ... SU! is mixing things up a bit. Trying new things. There will be a lot of that this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. My dh even agreed to try out Dude, You're Welcome! (the new men's card building kit).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I think it's great I wish it was around a few years ago when I started paper crafting!! Plus, it is priced well I think. I know of other crafting companies who have offered membership clubs and/or packages that were far too overpriced and you did not have the option of skipping a month or two. It's like a smaller Simply Sent kit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by snow4197View Post
This is the same thing that happened to me!! And I am a demo, and I didn't get a confirmation email. Computer glitch? I thought I was signed up, but I guess I'm not without the email...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by loriwilView Post
This is the same thing that happened to me!! And I am a demo, and I didn't get a confirmation email. Computer glitch? I thought I was signed up, but I guess I'm not without the email...
Oops!! I did get the confirmation. But I'm not able to add myself as the demo. I got some info from su to try, but it's still not working. I'll have to call them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes