View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #149
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you're on a roll, Fiona.

My plans for the day were to finally take down my Christmas tree and decorations then spend the rest of the day making cards.. Just as I was ready to bring the boxes upstairs, I got a phone call from one of my coworkers. She and our boss were at the library cleaning out cupboards and reaorganizing. My boss, Betty, was getting up from the floor using a stool for leverage, slipped and came down on her ankle. Since they were the only ones in the library, there was no one to help get Betty up so Carrie had to call the ambulance. Carrie called me to have me go pick up Betty's dog and bring her home. I brought Daisy home, then took down the decorations and boxed up the tree. Then i got a phone call asking me to pick Betty up from the ER and take her home. DH and I got her settled at home, went back to the library to get her vehicle and take it home for her. Turns out that she only sprained the ankle but will be on crutches for a few days. Mind you, we live in northcentral MT, we have about a foot of snow on the ground, still snowing (not hard), and it's cold out there. It was quite interesting getting her into her house while she's trying to get used to the crutches and concentrating on not falling down. She's not a small woman, either. It's been an interesting day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!