View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
dottiejdavis
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenmc View Post
The one thing that I really need to work on in 2013 is to curb the "impulse" spending - you know, walk into a store, find a bunch of stamp sets or paper packs on clearance and buy them - not because I need them but because they are such a great bargain. Tuesday Morning was one of my biggest trouble spots this past year - stamp sets and paper packs for cheap! But they're all still sitting in boxes in my room because I can't possibly use everything I bought.

I totally agree with the 4 parts to the hobby - I do love to shop, I need to be better organized, I spend way too much time surfing for inspiration, and I spend way too little time actually making cards!
I am seeing that there are many parts to a hobby than what meet the eye. I so agree with the "impulse" buying when in M or J's when stuff is on sale( hey, or even on-line). In the past I would legitimize my buying something if I got it on sale instead of at regular price. Though a sale is good, it didn't curtail what I bought. One thing I have noticed that if I am kinda dull or tired when I am shopping, I buy more...no resistance to think it through.
Also, if I take hubby he will want me to buy all kinds of things as he loves to see me creative with this hobby. That may not always be a good thing financially. Today, I am thinking that part of it is lust for me. Lust says ... I want it NOW. Don't want to wait, want it now. I did that with the Spectrum Noir pens...got em all in one week...all on an incredible sale with one sweep of the mouse. Now do I use them tremendously yet? Enbarrassingly I have to say no. So, as the days and weeks unfold I am going to do what someone wisely said she is doing, "Shopping in my own stash" for her projects. I am empowered when I uncover the real culprit (lust for more) and have joy in overcoming it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!