View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #146
LMstamps
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Debbie for your positive feedback. I definitely don't have my act together, but establishing goals really does help, and I find that once the steps necessary to reach a goal become a habit, it is easier to keep reaching those goals.

I do make computer address labels for when I send out Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine, and Easter Cards. But not for the ones I send out weekly on a one-to-one basis.

That is a great idea to plan a trip to Goodwill once-a-month. A few years when I had to go through my closets and get rid of a lot of shoes and clothes, I had a Goodwill Truck that I passed one day a week on my way to a weekly meeting. I made it my goal to have something to take to that truck every week until I finished that horrendous decluttering project! That goal really helped.

LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swldebbie View Post
LM, Great goals! You really seem to have your act together! Can't imagine myself with the discipline to do it, but I really like the idea of interspersing the organizational projects and the cardmaking. I will be thrilled if I get my stamps from one project cleaned and put away before the next one gets started.

Do you "need" to hand address your envelopes, or can you make up address labels on the computer so that addressing them is less of a hassle?

I just put all the stamps I tried to sell last year but couldn't into a bag destined for donation -- likely to Goodwill. One of my non-creative goals is to reduce my amount of stuff and one of my action items for that goal is to make a trip to Goodwill at least once a month -- preferably twice a week.

Good luck as you continue those things that work for you and as you incorporate the "next steps" you have set for yourself.
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!