Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #106
shazsilverwolf
Mad Swapper

JoBear2, you are so right! I have to admit that being a squirrel must run in my family's genes, .I have forever hoarded stuff 'because it may come in useful one day', as you say, that day never comes. Or when it does, you've hoarded so much stuff, you know you have it, but can't find it! I've had a new craft room, and have been moving my stuff from one room to the other over the last two weeks. The fact it took two weeks shocked me- it didn't help I had one arm in a splint because I fractured my shoulder back before Christmas, so I could only carry small stuff in one hand, but Beloved Hubby moved all the boxes of stuff over, I just had to unpack. I found, (packing & unpacking), stuff I'd forgotten I'd bought, and started purging as I put stuff away. I have a habit of overmaking, I think. When I do some alcohol inked backgrounds, for instance, I don't just do the one I want- I think I'll do a few extra to save time next time I want one, then get carried away enjoying the technique, and end up with thirty or so! Same with brayered backgrounds, or stamped/embossed. So then I have to store them too. And scraps. Always scraps. I think I have to set a definite minimum size to keep scraps. I keep them all- emptying my scraps into a new drawer I found bits that aree really never going to be used, no matter how I insist to myself, 'they'll make inchies etc'. So, being in the middle of re-organising and not able to do much else anyway, I am going to be rurhless. Anything usable- stamps/cardstock etc is going to my DIL for the grandchildrens card making ( I just unmounted all my wood stamps for easier storage)- paper/card too small to use is going in the bin, and I am hoping to keep it tidy & organised this year.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!