View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #332
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Destination for teaparty #233

This week our destination is Pearland, Texas. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Martha. She has been brought to our attention by our very own Mothermark who is her loving niece.

The details:

Shortly after Thanksgiving, she and her husband went on a short, spur of the moment, trip to New York with another couple. While they were there my Aunt's husband all of the sudden said.....I don't feel so well......a few minutes later, he was gone! He had a massive heart attack and could not be revived! Not only to loose your husband so quickly, but to also be in a strange place and have to deal with transporting the body back home for a funeral. I can't imagine the shock that would be...its a very sad thing. Needless to say, my aunt's life has been turned upside down! Jim was 68 and was a wonderful, fun, loving man who was loved dearly by his grandchild.

We are all still in shock to know that Jim is gone. I don't think I will let Martha know the cards are coming....I think I will just let them happen.....she will know I am involved in some way........after the teaparty I will llet her know how all of this works. She has always loved my hand made cards....and I know her mailbox filling up with cards will be a wonderful thing at a difficult time!

Martha Davis
2307 Meadow Green
Pearland, Texas 77581

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!