View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #952
Jmaraul
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
Charlie is the biggest one we have ever had. He weighed in at 18.3 pounds Monday. The other two are around 12 each. You are right, trying to catch the little ones is like chasing a greased pig. And they get under things and bite you if you reach under after them. Until they learn who's boss.
We never did obedience school, just worked with them on their own. I don't care if they can shake or roll over or do tricks, I just want them to know "Get out from under my feet" and "go sit down" and "Hush" and like that. And they all do pretty well with that. One of my friends called me one day and Ruby started a "Bark at the phone ringing" chorus, and they all three were carrying on, howling and barking. I said "Hold a minute please," and walked to the doorway and said "Hush". and it got quiet. My friend said "Did you just say Hush and they did?" I said "Yep". She said "I am bringing Jill to your house." That's her Jack Russell. I think Jill is just a little more yappy than mine.

If he can learn the easy stuff, then I would like to try my hand at all the fancy tricks. I've never had one that was good for entertaining at parties.

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!