Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #104
Stampin' Fool
Send a message via Yahoo to Craf-T-Bear

Hi Ladies,

Just posting this here in an attempt to answer a few question's that some of you have asked me:

1.) No, we do not have a specific website. This is mainly due to confidential things & the fact that most women affiliated with the project have gone through some sort of abuse (generally physical). So, for their protection, we do not have one.

2.) As for starting a "You Matter Project"...

All ll I did was, after one of the girls had given me a card, we got to talking in one of the support groups about cardmaking and how her card really helped me to know that I mattered and that someone cared about ME for a change.

As we talked about how relaxing and self-gratifying cardmaking is to us, other's wanted to learn to do it too. So, we began swapping phone number's and getting together outside of the "regular support group's" to make cards and form stronger female friendship's.

Basically, we got together, and brought things that each of us already had to share, or things that people donated and it went from there. Once folks got the general idea of it & that one's imagination is the only limitation, we were well on our way to making & sharing our cards with new women that came into the shelter or programs.

It's a VERY empowering thing for us to share of ourselves, find solitce together, and know that each of us DO matter. We are ALL much stronger women today and know that we do NOT need a relationship to make us whole. We can & do, do that from within ourselves.

So, if you are interested in starting one in your local area, I would suggest that you simply talk to your local advocacy center to see if this is something they would be interested in. You can simply just donate cards so that whomever needs them, can have them.... or you can make them specific for an individual. As a "You Matter" group, you can make them and sell them too, as a fundraiser for the Advocacy Center with 100% of the money going to help with the costs of things to help those that come in for assistance.

I hope this helps.

~~ Christi Usher ~~
BRAK Committee Member
WISH RAK Committe Member
S/O Pay-It-Forward (USA)

My FaceBook Page:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!