View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #58
3Fries
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

This is a fun thread. Hi, my name is Terri and I'm a craftaholic I am an SU hobby demo, so I buy mostly from myself. I have done a pretty good job recently of not buying every stamp set I saw something cute made with - and I did that by quitting browsing the gallery. I had one year where I bought every flower set I saw in the catalogue - knowing full well I have a heck of a time creating with sets like that! Those sets mostly didn't see ink, and I was really happy to trade them away finally or sell them when they retired.

I am a huge scrapbooker, and I am really proud to say that I have actually accomplished a lot. That said, I STILL have tons. I am realizing now that most of the punches I have, for instance, I almost NEVER use. I having been mostly digitally scrapbooking this past year or two and love it. I spend a lot of my minimums on new downloads

Those of you who are planning to shop your stash and buy only adhesives and white cardstock I applaud you. I did that about 3 yrs ago now I guess. I managed to fill two full albums before I ran out of empty albums and adhesive. That felt AWESOME! I don't feel like I have something in my stash to save anymore, I freely use whatever I want. I also don't save every little scrap of paper anymore, I throw them out. If paper is looking faded, I toss it. If its ugly, out it goes. When I browse the gallery here looking for ideas, I only search with the keywords for the stamp sets I own. Better yet, I look for sketch challenges (scrapbooking and card making) because then I am forced to look at my own supplies that I can use to create the sketch.

Happy creating! By the way, I will not go cold turkey no longer spending this year, but I WILL purge a lot of the excess I KNOW I'm not going to use. I'm just trying to decide if I have the energy to try to sell it, or if I am going to just donate it all.

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!