View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #1697
janiekay
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Default Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Wow! I repeat myself....you are very busy.

I checked out your website and I "liked" you on your Facebook page. I love all those cute little doxie faces. When I was in college (early 1970's), I rescued a doxie from an owner who didn't want him anymore. Well, I couldn't keep him at my apartment (what was I thinking????). So I asked my boyfriend's parents if they would "take care of my dog" for me. They said yes and my dog very quickly became the father's dog! Boy, no one could go near dad's chair without a growl! Doxies are just so loyal!
Yes, that is sometimes how we get dogs into our rescue. Someone gets a dog, but they quickly realize that their lifestyle isn't really right for a dog at this time. I'm glad that you were able to re-home your little rescue! Yes, doxies are loyal and protective, but not all are as protective as that! We work really hard to try to fit the dogs we rescue to the RIGHT family, taking into consideration their lifestyle and family(some doxies shouldn't be with kids-- like the one you rescued).

Have a GREAT day! Thanks for the compliments! I love working with the dogs... and the RMDH project-- especially because I LOVE stamping!

Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!