View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
what kind of jewelry do you make using your cuddlebug? do you have some posted in your gallery?
I make bracelets, necklaces, charms, pins, keychains & earrings. My DH has done a watch. I don't have a gallery here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
what is the reason for having more than one machine?
I have several machines but a lot of them are packed away right now. I like having two different manual machines. I work with fabric a lot so I keep a manual machine just for my fabric work so my fabrics stay clean. Since I work with a lot of messy mediums I don't want to use a die cutter that I just ran a paint project through. Even my die cutter I use for messy projects is super clean. I am probably being overzealous. A lot of my fabric is expensive like silk. I have a Big Shot & Cuttlebug. Some of my friends have two different machines because they take one too crops and the other stays in their craft area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland View Post
They explained that the new machine is a high-pressue machine and that's so you can process metal in it, but I'm not clear on exactly what you'd be doing with the new machine and the metal (cutting? embossing? both?). I think the video said Spellbinders is selling the metal, too.
I process metal for my resin pieces using the Cuttlebug. I am wondering what the Artisan does differently? It would be nice to use deeper bevels for resin pieces. The opening on the Artisan looks so small. Resin artists usually work with several pieces at once. I wonder how many bevels each die will contain. I guess I will have to see the machine in person before I am sold on it. I just sound like little Miss Grumpy. I don't mean too. I have an earache. I want the Artisan to be a hit for Spellbinders.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!