View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #1694
Stamp Wizard
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I foster dogs that come into our rescue, because we are a foster based rescue. We don't have a facility like most humane societies do. I'm also a Representative for the rescue, so I also supervise foster homes and find adoptive homes for the dogs, and I arrange for medical care for those that need it(most do). We are a tri-state rescue that works mostly in IL, IN, and WI, although we also take dogs from other states and we adopt to people in other surrounding states like MN, IA, and MI. It is really almost a full time job in and of itself, but I love working with the dogs and I LOVE finding wonderful, loving homes for them. There is no better feeling than when I get pictures and updates of my foster dogs and how well they are being treated in their new homes! Yes, it is hard to give them up after fostering them, but as you said, I can't keep them all, and every time I get a foster adopted, it makes room to take another needy doxie into rescue!
Hugs,
Jane
Wow! I repeat myself....you are very busy.

I checked out your website and I "liked" you on your Facebook page. I love all those cute little doxie faces. When I was in college (early 1970's), I rescued a doxie from an owner who didn't want him anymore. Well, I couldn't keep him at my apartment (what was I thinking????). So I asked my boyfriend's parents if they would "take care of my dog" for me. They said yes and my dog very quickly became the father's dog! Boy, no one could go near dad's chair without a growl! Doxies are just so loyal!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!