View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

My guess and it is simply a guess is that Spellbinders is branching out into the Jewelry making or mixed media art field with the new machine, supplies and dies.

They had a contest a couple of weeks ago Explore Beyond where people were asked to submit projects such as jewelry and things other than paper projects where they used Spellbinder dies. This was no doubt a prelude to the introduction to the new field they are entering .

Spellbinders may feel the die market for paper crafts is getting very crowded so they are adding another use for their dies.

Many years ago I saw this happen in beading. There are only so many different jewelry beading ideas so the designers started offering ideas for beaded clothing and household decorator items. I don't think the decorator items gained favor with most beader's. The cost of the beads to make a 3D vase/sculpture or wallhanging of any decent size could run into several hundred dollars . The beaded designs on clothing were more popular.

It will be interesting to see how many paper crafters make the leap to jewelry making or other metal art projects