View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #52
flash&rusty
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgraw01 View Post
My goal is to not buy any patterned paper/DSP for ONE YEAR. I can get cardstock only if it matches some DSP that I have in order to use some up. I think I might really help myself (and my scraproom) if I can stick to this.
Leah
This also was my best activity for going cold turkey last year, with the exception that I could purchase if it was for a very, very specific purpose where I had no other alternatives in my own stash - like a graduation, or wedding.

Also, about half way through the year, I spent several hours going through each of my sheets of DSP and determining whether I had cardstock to match/compliment it. I gathered up every sheet that didn't have matching cardstock and brought it all to my LSS. I then spent another couple of hours picking out cardstock to go with it. This meant that anytime I sat down to make something, I knew for sure that I had CS to go with my DSS and never felt the urge to go to my LSS. A somewhat big initial investment of time, but big payoff financially in the end.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!