View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #48
SheriLJW
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdscrapper View Post
So I had New Year's Eve afternoon off, so I dug into my room and tossed all those instructions, examples, sketches, that I'd been printing up. The majority is still available to me on-line, so why keep a printed copy? And then there was some stuff that I always thought - hey, I could use this in a card. Decided they could go too. When I've used up that much of my stash that I'm looking for stuff, something like it will be available again. In all, I took 3 grocery bags of junk out to the garbage can! It was so freeing!! Much more freeing than thinking I needed to take all that printed paper and make categories and label it and put it in binders just in case I might need it! Then I did a little rearranging of am down to 1 PC utinsel holder. Love seeing just a little bit of space coming back to my room. I made 5 cards and finished a layout since the New Year. I even used up a small chunk of ribbon. I just used it not worrying that I don't have it in my stash any more!! I can see that not spending all my time putting away new supplies, might just free me up to do more creating. Digging into some of the embossing folders or inks or stamps and just having fun!!!
So, so far in 2013, I regained a little bit of space in my room and I'm doing the happy dance. Can you tell, it doens't take a lot for me to be happy? Anybody else what to share a little success?
I am going cold, cold turkey. I have so much and so little space and time with which to stamp. I started a thrift sale box of craft supplies I couldn't use and let them sit for a while to see if I really "needed" them. I didn't! and I felt so free of them once I did sell them. One strategy that has really helped me is better define my style so I could purge stamps, inks and embellishments that don't fit. Now I'm on my second thrift sale box so I can free more shelf space and creativity to actually stamp. It is really almost painful, though, to resist Memory Box dies. I'll treasure them that much more when my birthday gifts roll in.