View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #45
CSC
Compulsive Stamper

Glad I found you and YES I'm in again! I was in on the older Cold Turkey thread and found it helpful. Biggest thing then, I stopped using the store coupons except for adhesives, ect. Freeing indeed and the funny thing was I didn't really feel like I was missing out because the money I would have spent was still with me. Reading through the new thread helps me see and agree to the 4 parts to the hobby. Looking at the new supplies has a certain pleasure to it. Organizing gives a certain sense of accompolishment. Free shipping and sales can give a false sense of saving money or a justification for spending. Visiting web sites and blogs is fun because there are sooo many beautiful cards out there that people have made and I dream of making myself. The problem it takes away from the most valuable commodity we all have and that is TIME.

As I have admired so many lovely cards and projects on line now, I have begun to wonder to myself - do I have a style of my own? What do I like? What could I create? So for 2013 my two goals are - 1. to find that out by using my supplies and making more cards myself. Not saying I won't get ideas from others, but would like the courage to try my own ideas, and 2. to not spend more than the required amount of $20.00 plus tax and shipping at my stamp club once a month. That will be a challenge because there are always the spend $50.00 and get a star, etc. programs. Right now I really need the limits or else my hobby will have to go!

Thank you to everyone for the helpful ideas. I read them all. Will be back later to read more and let you know how I'm doing. By the way - the Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom program really does work.

I also would like to offer my sympathy to Deborah in the loss of her father and hope that she will find stamping a comfort and joy to her now. I actually started stamping after the death of my mother.

Carol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!