Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default embossing folders

how do you store them. I have lots of them and just throw them in a drawer so I seem to be digging all the time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the way I store mine. I bought a white "board-type" dvd box at walmart. I then cut 4.5 x 6 pieces of cs and embossed with each folder. I wrote the name in the corner of the embossed paper and filed the folder behind it. For folders that have matching dies, I simply put them in small white envy behind the embossing folder. I can quickly flip thru and since I'm a visual person I can see what the pattern might look like on a card. I have 25 folders and about 10 matching dies stored together and I could easily store more. Wow, that was probably more than you wanted to know! LOL I have used this system for about 3 years and it's the one system I don't try to improve. HTH
Kathy T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

My system is similar to Kathy's, except that I don't keep my samples and my folders together.
I have my folders in a plastic bin that is sized for CD's - the folders are taller than that, but the width is good and I'm fine with them sticking up. Each folder is labelled with it's name and they are sorted in alphabetically order. I did my samples on file cards, with the name and manufacturer written on each one. Punched a hole in the corner, and they are stored on a ring, also in alphabetical order.
I saw this system from someone else either here or online somewhere, but unfortunately I don't remember where. I like having the samples together to flip through, and then just pull the folder(s) that I want.

Who needs tattoos? I already have ink in strange places...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Turki, that might be me. I did this with samples, here . The folders I stand in a Really Useful Box, I think its the CD sized one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I store mine in a box from Ikea for the regular size and the new larger ones. I put the names of the patterns on the EF in sharpie. The smaller ones I store in a box I got from office max or depot don't recall which.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought binders from Consumer Crafts for $9.97: Black Nylon Embossing Folder Storage Case | ConsumerCrafts

Right now, they're having a shipping special for Veteran's Day - $1.97 on all orders!!

I also love the Darice embossing folders....cheap!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

I throw mine in a photo box. I seem to be digging for mine too. At least the box is smaller than the drawer! ;)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #8  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post
I bought binders from Consumer Crafts for $9.97: Black Nylon Embossing Folder Storage Case | ConsumerCrafts

Right now, they're having a shipping special for Veteran's Day - $1.97 on all orders!!

Oh these storage folders are AWESOME and so inexpensive -wow !!! PLUS (lol @ myself - I'm wayyyyyy too excited) they still have the $1.97 shipping deal.

S.C.O.R.E.

Thanks for the terrific sharing/enabling ;) I just placed an order woohoo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #9  
Simon Says Stamp

I use a Fridge Bin that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond.

You can see by my photo that I have a bunch of things I store in there .. background cling stamps, dies and embossing folders. The embossing folders fit perfectly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I found some matching baskets at JoAnn's on sale a while ago. They have a metal ring around the top edge so they hold their shape. I have one that's perfect for holding my embossing folders. I try to keep them in their original package, especially the Sizzix folders that came with a die last Christmas, and they fit just fine in the basket. It holds all sizes, from the small Darice packages to larger folders for 5" x 7" cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #11  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I got my binder order from Consumer Crafts and I'm very happy with the binders and with Consumer Crafts.

With the embossing folders in the pockets, it's just like flipping through a book and I can very quickly see (and most important FIND) all of my embossing folders.

I got 3 binders for the small/regular folders and 1 binder for the larger folders. Each binder holds 40 folders.

I bought 3 of the small folders thinking that I might be able to use one of them to store items other than embossing folders in there (maybe spellbinder dies or my other thin dies like Memory Box). I'll play around with it over the holidays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I, too, use DVD boxes. I have 7 boxes total. 4 of the boxes nicely house my A2 folders, one for my Disney folder/die combos and 2 for my misc size folders (i.e. the old 2/3 size, the 5x7, the borders, etc.). I like the fact that the boxes have lids which keeps the dust & pet hair out. The DVD boxes are a good size for this, especially for the A2s b/c they stand nicely on end, and I can see the name of the folder as I'm looking for a specific one. The 5x7s also do well, just laying on their sides instead of straight up. If I just had a few folders, I wouldn't go to this trouble, but this has been a good way to manage my collection.

For "inventory" purposes, I have embossed samples of each folder (except the little ones) that I keep on notebook rings. That way I can just thumb through those and see what I want to use. Each sample, and each folder, has the name of the folder on it, easily visible as I'm thumbing through them. My folders (and samples) are alphabetized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I don't have many yet, but I store mine in the accessory box from the Container Store.

Only now I have two that are just a bit too big for that box. Sigh.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

I put a round circle sticker in the upper right corner of each folder. Mine are NUMBERED I then embossed a sample of each folder, it is numbered and the samples are in a thrift store photo album....You would be amazed the inspiration that comes leafing through the photo album at all my folder samples. I store the folders in some narrow back to school totes that I found last fall at dollar general..... the size is just made for embossing folders and the totes have built in handles...............the photo album with all my samples is priceless.

Last edited by diecuts4u; 12-23-2012 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use page protector sheets with a piece of chip board (cracker, cereal box) covered with black paper on both sides. After inserting, I sew up the outer edge and across the middle. Trim the excess page protector off the outer edge and cut a slit below the sewn line in the middle on both sides. Waalaa! pockets for 4 embossing folders. You can also sew more pockets to hold the smaller folders. I too love the Darcie folders. Soo inexpensive.
Attached Thumbnails
embossing folders-embossing-folder-storage1.jpg   embossing folders-embossing-folder-storage2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

I bought the Snap container ribbon boxes that you can stack and snap the ends. I believe JA or Target has them. The best part is the containers are light weight and portable! There is one version that has a removable compartment section and the thin metal cutting dies fit perfectly inside. They come at least 2 to a stack and are often on sale. The thin bottom section fits the A, B's and C plates for the Cuttlebug also!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Default love this storage idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post

I love this idea. I would like to know if Darice embossing folders work as well as the cuttlebug ones in the cuttlebug? Also what is the angel policy for Darice products. I love all the embossing folders and the price! Thanks for any info you anybody can share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

The Stampin Up EF won't fit in the Black Nylon Embossing folder storage case/Consumer Crafts the pockets are to small only the Cuttle Bugs will. Anyone have any ideas on another zip case, also one that would hold Dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymomView Post
I love this idea. I would like to know if Darice embossing folders work as well as the cuttlebug ones in the cuttlebug? Also what is the angel policy for Darice products. I love all the embossing folders and the price! Thanks for any info you anybody can share.
Yes the Darice folders work well in the Cuttlebug. I only have 5 Cuttlebug folders but have 16 Darice folders. I prefer the price of the Darice fo;ders over the Cuttlbug or Sizzex price. I get most of my folders at Pat Catan's Craft store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I found a little plastic snap-together box at Dollar Tree a couple of years ago. They sit inside it, on end, so I can flip through to see what I want. I write the names on the folders in sharpie so I know what it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

What great ideas you ladies have. I have mine in a plastic bin and dig for mine as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,292 Likes on 2,479 Posts

I found these wire racks a couple of years ago at Wal-Mart. I put a label on the top of each folder with the name. I started to keep a ring with a sample of each folder, but as you see I have quite a few and that does not work for me ;) They are filed alphabetically.
Attached Thumbnails
embossing folders-100_5059.jpg  

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my folders numbered and in a box that will hold the larger folders, too. Whenever I get a new folder, I give it a number (I'm on #81 now!), then take a 2"x2" square of white cheap cardstock and make an embossed sample of the folder. I've scored an 8-1/2"x11" piece of cardstock so it gridded and my sample is adhered in one of the next empty square with the # of that folder written next to it. When I want to look for a folder, I flip to my sample pages in the binder, see what folder appeals to me and, thanks to the numbering system, know right where it will be in my box. This system has worked very well for me for the past couple of years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesView Post
The Stampin Up EF won't fit in the Black Nylon Embossing folder storage case/Consumer Crafts the pockets are to small only the Cuttle Bugs will. Anyone have any ideas on another zip case, also one that would hold Dies.
I took advantage of the $1.97 shipping on the last day of the offer. I just received my EF Binder for the larger folders last night.
Embossing Folder Storage Case for 5 x 7 inch Folders | ConsumerCrafts

It looks like it's out of stock now. :(

I haven't even unwrapped the binder yet, but I think the SU ones will fit into this binder.

So far, I'm loving this storage method (my 3 regular size binders are all full) where I just flip through the album. I made a sample sheet in front of each folder so that I can "see" them better and it also keeps the folder being stuck to the vinyl pocket.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #25  
Glitter Guru

I keep mine in two jetmax drawers. They fit perfectly and I saved the original pkg and use the card for the separation of the sets. Works good for me PLUS a embossed full size sheetz (folder size) for a book. Its great to just flip thru the book and find what I like. I put labels on All of the sample pages so I know where it came from! Some sets have 4+ folders!!!
I'll try to add photos soooooon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I keep mine in a littles carry-all from 31 gifts. I just leave the bin out on my desk and flip through all my embossing folders to find the one i need.

Littles Carry-All Caddy | Thirty-One Gifts | Thirty-One Catalog Purses Totes Bags
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

I tried to order the 5x7 folder and yes it is out of stock, but ordered the other one. How soon should I try and order the 5x7 folder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I cut an empty A2 envelope box down and cover it with patterned paper. The A2 folders fit perfect, which all I have (right now...).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #29  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,034 Likes on 476 Posts

SCS'r Wenchie is an organizing genius. She creates storage from foamboard. I fell in love with her idea here: Foam Core CB storage by wenchie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers and made the book for myself since I have a Bind it All.

A few years back the Target Dollar Spot had these boxes that seemed to be PERFECT for embossing folders. The right height and width, and holds more than I've purchased. And that's saying a lot, I purchased almost every single CB one the first couple of years they came out, have many, many Sizzix, Paper Studio and SU ones. I'm not even half full! The big benefit was that the boxes came in pink, and I have a pink and brown studio.

So whatever box or bin you use, the embossed pieces either bound together or on a ring is a great way to flip through quickly, and label your folders. It kept me from constantly digging!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes