View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Cook22
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #169 ~ Time to Tidy!! {01/08/2013}

We all have them. At least - I think we all do! Those drawers, dishes, little boxes and containers where we put things just to tidy them out of the way, or because they might be useful some time. For me, sometimes, it's even just stuff I've put on a stair waiting to carry upstairs and put away.
Find something and tidy it , and take a couple of photos while you're at it.

Photo Challenge Rules:

~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at any time!

I didn't have a lot of time today, so while I had been thinking of including my little tin of earrings (which I try to go through once a year or so and throw the odd ones out), I just took what was handy in the sitting room during a brief sunny spell. Both these sit on the shelf above the radiator.

The little tureen is a vegetable dish from an old, old dinner set that belonged to my grandparents, if not my great-grandparents. I have 6 plates and six soup plates but no side-plates - and because they can't go in the dishwasher they don't get used very often .
In it is the 50F note that I showed recently, a couple of decorative "coins" showing Paris monuments, a millennium euro coin, two antique lace caps, an ancient six pence (in one of the envelopes), a tube of glue and a clip - which I use for holding music on the piano! Now thrown out was part of an old decorative waste-paper bin and some ancient unmounted stamps from a child's set, and moved upstairs is a little self-stamping paw-print!

The little china bowl came from the South of France. In it are a collection of adapters for a mains charger, and a spare jack for the stereo system, a little button, a very rusty Allen key (but it might be the size that fits my spare tripod, I need to check!) and a very dusty old necklace of my mothers. No longer there is a piece of wood veneer and a small rubber ball.

So - get the New Year off to a good start by tidying something and feeling good about it, and share it with us here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turreen.jpg (41.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg turreencontents.jpg (63.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg bowl.jpg (74.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg bowlcontents.jpg (71.9 KB, 15 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!