We have a mag in the UK called Craft Stamper. They featured something called TAP (Transfer Artists Paper) and it got me thinking. I dragged out some old T-shirt transfer paper that I had kicking around and had a go at the things from the mag. I think it does depend on your paper, how sturdy it is, but the one I have worked a treat.
More detail on my blog
but look how cool it turned out!
What you see is:
* smudged-on DI for the background
* DI smudged thru sequin waste
* stamped images with Memento
* stamped image painted with DI and water mix
* smudged thru a stencil (reversed)
* stencil cut with SCAL and reversed, smudged thru with Memento (my name)
* stamped with Distress Stain
I think it would be fab for making a tee-shirt or decorating a bag. I did wet another smaller image I did to see if the inks ran at all, but considering transfer paper is meant to work with ink-jet ink and that runs like mad if you get it wet, I was not surprised to find that nothing came off.