View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #70
scrubbybubbles
Stampin' Fool

Okay, so I've had my Cameo now for about 2 weeks. I've been trouble shooting, watching videos, asking questions, etc. and have learned quite a bit already. I found a good video on You Tube (although the sound is muffled a little) either way, it helped me to learn how to clean my blade.

Next, I decided to experiment with different papers. Unfortunately, I ended up cutting my mat up pretty bad. So I then turned to my boyfriend for help.
He brought me the inexpensive Dollar Tree cutting mats to try. The kind that you use for chopping food? I then proceeded to use some Sullivans Machine embroidery adhesive spray (1 coat) and Voila! It works like a charm! It doesn't over stick, the plastic mat is much more forgiving and it cuts beautifully.

Now I've been researching blade depths, better papers, etc. So, I've subscribed to this thread. Thank you for all the advice here I've read so far. I also read a good blog post the other day in regards to free cut files from Silhouette. If you type in 'ORIGINAL 50' in the search box on the Silhouette store website, it will give you access to a large amount of free shapes LOL HTH!!
proud fan club member

Last edited by scrubbybubbles; 01-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: proofing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!