Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #1685
janiekay
Pearl-ExPert

Default Not a Stampin' Up PRoject.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jane

I'm very, very confused....

I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and SU! supports RMHC a great deal. We are encouraged to help at local houses, make cards, have card making events at the houses, etc. but it is done through an approval process at SU! Stampin' Up! appoints a lead demonstrator and there must also be at least 7 supporting demos for the House. Not all RMH's have requested SU! support. I don't know if there is an active SU! representative to any of the Oregon houses.

Anyway, to make a long story much shorter....How are you involved with the RMHC's across the country? I think I noticed in a post somewhere that you helped someone with the contact information for a House.

I'd like to help an Oregon RMHC but don't know where to start.

thanks for your help
Sandra
Hi Sandra,

First of all, I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was away visiting family for the holidays, and promised that I wouldn't go on-line while we were away! Can you tell my family thinks I have an internet problem??? LOL!!!

Second,we are not a Stampin' Up sponsored project, we are just a group of stampers here on Splitcoast, who wanted to do more with our stamping and we all agree that Ronald McDonald Houses are where we wanted to focus our attention.

What we do is help the houses with cards. In addition, some of the girls also gather scrapbooking supplies for their house. Plus, some will also provide little treats for the kids at the house. Some of these are things like card kits that the kids can make, stamped projects like prayer boxes, notebooks with pens and magnets-- just to name a few.

We haven't found too many houses that have been adopted by a group of SU demo's. The way we find out is to call the house that you are interested in adopting and ask them if they would be interested in getting handmade cards for the residents and staff to use. The staff usually use the cards for the residents, for example, giving the family's that stay there birthday cards, anniversary cards, and thinking of you cards. If the house director says that the house has already been adopted, as was the case with the St. Louis, MO houses, then, the person can opt to adopt a house a little further away. This is what happened with Linda, so she decided to just mail cards to the Columbia, MO house, instead of being able to just drop them off. I also have to mail my cards, because there are no houses close to me.

We would be thrilled to have you help with this project. As Linda mentioned, there are 3 houses in Oregon, so it would just depend on which house was closest or would like to get cards. I'm here to help anyway that I can, all you have to do is ask. In addition, all the girls on this thread are very supportive of each other! We usually help others with swaps for their houses, and letting others post or advertise their swaps on any of our swaps or threads. This helps to give all projects more exposure.

I look forward to your help with this project! By posting here, I keep the total of all the cards that have gone to our adopted RMD Houses for all to see! Plus, many of the girls keep their individual totals in their siggy, too!

Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!