View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
stampyra
Matboard Maniac

I felt much like the first poster. I purchased three of the Copic Caio sets plus many other sketch markers. I even got Copic certified. I love coloring with Copics, but I have huge gaps in my collection. I feel like I never have the right color.

I got some money from my family for Christmas. I knew I wanted to invest it into my Copic collection. I started filling my shopping cart with the colors I know I need and I was oer $200 fast. So, I started looking into some different marker options. I remembered that I had seen the Spectrum Noir markers at JoAnn's and decided to start there. The six pack was something like $7.50 with a coupon. I picked up the yellow set. i don't have too many yellows, so I figured I could use them with my Copics if I didn't like them.

I was very unsure that I'd like the bullet tip. I'm so used to the brush tip. It turns out that I prefer the bullet tip. I can get into small places much better. I just feel like I have more control. I plan to try the other tip with my Copic Air Brush some time soon.

I am sooo happy with the results I've had with the Spectrum Noir markers that I've decided to invest in the entire set. I searched around & have gotten them all for just around $200. My JoAnn's has all 12 of the sets of six. The casher told me that I could use a coupon on each set in one transaction, so I got the 11 remaining sets for $88. Then I found the $24 sets on sale for $35 & got the price down to $32 a set with a first time buyer coupon at Consumer Crafts. I made storage to hold them all with $2 worth of foam core from Dollar Tree. Now, I plan to sell my Copics to buy some other goodies.

I'm going to film some video's for my you tube channel in the upcoming weeks. There are very few video's for Spectrum Noir's on you tube. I'm loving the results I've been getting. JIL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!