Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #39
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Austin Serrano has made a journal update:

Happy New Year!
~ 2013 ~
Happy New Year everyone!

We ended up in 2012 with some minor issues. Austin’s lost his right prosthesis and will need an exam under anesthesia for another molding for it since his right eye socket is still shrinking from the radiation. It’s ironic that the radiation has continues to works, but it did not kill the cancers in that eye….. Oh well, such is life.

Austin’s also had his ear clean out with wax and hanging tubes under anesthesia because his ENT cannot see anything behind the ear drums. I asked his ENT to put back both tubes since he is still getting sick a lot, in case the ear infection is a recurrent issues then the tubes will take care of the infections.

As usual, he will start the New Year by making his insurance deductable. I guess it is a good thing since we don’t have much to pay after the deductable.

I certainly hope he won’t be getting sick as much in 2013. As my friend Lizz said the CDC sure missed it on the flu shot/mist this year. Since we all have been sick especially Austin after the flu mist several times……!

School start on January 7, 2013 – Thanks God – I love Austin being home, but I have to admit, it is hard to work, concentrate and keep an eye on him too. He is a handful even though he is a sweet heart – Not really he will be 5 yrs old next month and argumentative with everything that comes across his mind.

I guess that is expected for a toddler, but Austin is extremely feisty. He fought Randy and me so hard when we tried to put in his conformer on that it wore him and us out. Well, I was sore for 2 days afterward. He negotiates literally with everything. This is why I am glad he is at school. I know he doesn’t do it with his teachers at school or daycare (I certainly hope not anyway).

Anyway, I just wanted to put a little updates on Austin and wishes everyone a Happy New Year!

View Austin's Page: Cole's Pages
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!