View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
NavyWifeArmyMom
Crimping Master

Default Unmounting!!!

The unmounting continues!! The night I read Mary's post, I had 4 empty CD cases, so I got started right off!! I have found that if I am careful, I can peel rubber AND the gray mounting foam from my Stampin' Up wood mounted stamps! Don't know yet how that will work on an acrylic block, but we shall see! Collecting all the wood blocks to take to our camp this summer and use in the campfire. I have also been able to peel the index picture from the other side of the wood block. I cut some colored copy paper to fit in the CD case and affixed the index picture to that, then put it in the front of the case. I haven't been quite so lucky with the little strip of title label that comes on the index sheet. Several have torn, so I have just been writing the set name & number of stamps right on the colored copy paper.

Since i was out of my original 4 empty CD cases, I went to Walmart & bought more. OOPS! Didn't realize that there was not a removable tray in the "slim" jewel cases!! I bought 30 for less than $10. Was thinking I would have to take them back, until about 2 this morning when I realized I have a LOT of CDs in the regular cases!! So, my afternoon has been spent re-housing 30 CDS, their covers and little books into the 30 slim jewel cases!! I have LOTS more CDs to go! I might even volunteer to re-house CDs for friends of mine (IF they purchase the jewel cases!) I'm thinking this is better than purchasing all new standard cases - yes!?!?!? However, at this rate, it's going to take a while to finish up this unmounting project!! ONWARD!!
PS: I should have also noted that all of my stamp sets have an "index sheet that I stamped when I mounted the stamps. I am keeping this sheet to put in the binder that I have as an "inventory" of my stamp sets.

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress

Last edited by NavyWifeArmyMom; 01-06-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!