Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Real Red Ink - DUH!

There have been many discussions here concerning the classic red ink pad getting goldish looking gunk on it. Happened to mine also. I used my marker for some time but finally replaced it with the new style ink pad. Now I was playing around with a Valentine card this evening and got the red reinker out to use with aqua painter. Well the ink is so full of this gold gunk it was hard to get it to squirt out of the bottle. Then I noticed this gold gunk just puddling on the top of ink in my paint pallette. Never even thought about the reinker going bad....double DUH. Guess I will need to order a reinker now. Glad I didn't have to ink my new pad, would have ruined it!!

Then I take my little pallette to the kitchen to clean. Didn't wipe out the excess first and just put it under the water faucet. Ink splatter everywhere. Good thing it's water based but took me half an hour to clean up. Triple DUH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

This happened to a couple of my pads and inkers and one of them was fairly new. What is it and how can I prevent it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

It has to do with oxidation in the ink formula. Call your demo or SU to get a replacement. I've never had a reinker go bad and I have some really old ones. I need to check all mine now to make sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I called SU when my old Real Red pad went bad (it looked like a big gob of acrylic paint sitting on top and it splattered EVERYWHERE when I opened the pad...ruined my card, got all over me and my clothes...horrible!). They immediately sent me a replacement pad free of charge. Hopefully your demo can help, or just call SU directly. I'm glad you mentioned the reinker...I need to check mine and see if it needs to be replaced, too.

I'm glad you were able to get it cleaned off your sink. I had it on my skin for quite awhile...I scrubbed and scrubbed and it faded, but it was still there when I went out to dinner that night. My hands looked like I'd just left a crime scene!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes