View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #2666
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - I'm so glad you looked for this thread. Many of those who posted early in the thread have left. I think FB contributed to the loss of a lot of SCS members, not just from here. There was one group of ladies I used to chat with and that thread just literally STOPPED one day. This thread and another that I visit have both really dwindled. BUT these ladies here are awesome. Very kind and caring. I invited Hedgie to join, too. I hope she checks out this thread as well.

Debbie - I didn't realize your friend and her hubby had been thinking of splitting. Yes, he IS to be admired for sticking with her. Especially with what he's been through in the past. A childhood female friend of my husband's had a rare form of bone cancer. She had been dating and living with a guy for a few years when this was discovered. I remember someone asking the girl's mother if she thought Dave would stick with Karen through all of it. Can you imagine? First of all, it is one thing to THINK it. It is another to say it outloud. AND ask the MOTHER of the girl with CANCER. Some people! Anyway, poor Karen lost her battle, but she and Dave were together through it all. They even got married through the ordeal.