View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
basurok
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to basurok

I think baked ziti would go over really well. You can slightly precook the pasta and then mix with sauce..top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. If you want to add more ingredients you could add mushrooms, olives or cooked hamburger or sausage. Serve with garlic bread. Slice Italian bread in half...spread each half with butter or margarine and then lightly sprinkle with garlic and onion powders. You can also add some dried parsley and/or paprika for a bit of color.

You could also make goulash, spaghetti pie, beef and noodles, or stroganoff. Pasta and Rice are easy to make ahead and warm up and it is cheap.

Then there is chili or soup too. They are good warm and filling meals to make. If the folks don't want to eat it right away it can be frozen also. I like to make my own noodles for the soup..you take about 4 cups of flour, a tsp or two of salt, and 3 eggs. Mix it all together and knead until everything is well incorporated. Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thickness and cut in strips..let dry. They will puff up and absorb liquid while cooking. You can add the noodles to soup and freeze any leftovers.

I love to cook and my depression era grandma taught me well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!