View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
Bahb
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evve View Post
I gather it is a problem with the photo polymer stamps, but I don't know what these other folks are doing to solve the problem. If you have any thoughts or advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!
It may not be what other folks are DOING, so much as how old the ink is they are using. Ink production, like most other manufacturing, has changed dramatically in the past 4-5 years. If you have a new and an old refill bottle of a favorite ink color, you will notice a difference in the viscosity and the color-saturation.

The price is still the same but the results you get from the product are not the same. But really you can say the same thing about new colored pencils, markers, chalks, paints, erasers, cardstock, embossing powders, bras, fabric, shoes, mattresses, meat.........

So my solution is to hoard the supplies I have that are old and increase my use of Versamark on the stamp before the new-ink color, because new ink does not work like the old and Versamark increases the chance of getting an image that is even and crisp.

Cheers, And another vote for VersaFine,
Bahb

Last edited by Bahb; 01-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: added
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!