View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #92
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quick update.

Dh is finishing his 6th round of Temodar this week. Not sure if the oncologist will prescribe further rounds or not as it doesn't seem to be helping much.

At the end of Oct. dh was admitted to the hospital as a result of a grand mal seizure and aspiration of vomit (liquid). A new MRI showed the tumor had re-grown and it is inoperable. This is what is so horrific about this type of cancer. No matter how much the doctor removes during surgery (our neurosurgeon removed all visible tumor), there are always microscopic strands left behind that regrow sooner or later.

We'll go back to the VA hospital in February for a visit with the oncologist and neurologist for another MRI. No further visits are scheduled with his neurosurgeon or local neurologist. No clue what happens after this.

I think the hardest part of this is watching as a little piece of him disappears every day. Not being able to spell a simple word, or do a minor math calculation, an area where he was always proficient. The activity level is much less than even right after his surgery. Five minutes playing with the dog wears him out. Then there are days when he works rings around me.

Erosion at a noticeable rate is the best way I can describe it.

We did have a lovely family-filled Christmas and he enjoyed every minute of it!

Rainsong