View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #6
Mollyz
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
This is directed to those who are comfortable using CCR. I just downloaded it and would like to get familiar with the program----even though I am not home and anywhere near my Cricut. I'm 'Old School' and really wanting a handy little paper manual to guide me through this. Just clicking on "Help" is not very useful. I never had Design Studio or a Gypsy; so this is rather intimidating.
---------------
Hi GypsyRoseStamper, I am an avid user of CCR. It is my preferred tool when crafting. Mostly because of the large screen. As with any software program, the first few times can be intimidating but it really is very simple to use. There are a ton, yes a ton, of video's you can watch on YouTube to learn how to use the craft room. Of course, if you used DS or had a G you would understand how to use CCR quicker but those products are not required.

1-How did you get familiar with the program?
As mentioned above, I watched YouTube Videos, Provocraft vid's are okay but there are few others I'd highly recommend...I'll need to research and get back to you on this information.

Am I better off just waiting until I am near my Cricut and can put attempts into practice? Not sure I understand this statement

Has the Provocraft online forum been helpful? YES, many of the members have websites with vid's. 2-

I don't have any convenient location for my laptop near my Cricut Expression; so connecting a USB just isn't going to be very practical.
Hmmm this is a problem you can't use CCR unless you have your Expression linked to a laptop or desktop computer so I'm thinking all your concerns are a moot point.

I'm wondering how helpful CCR will be if just used for planning layouts and sizes of cuts. If you ever have a chance to use it, it is extremely helpful for planning layouts etc. Anything you can do on your Expression can be handled using CCR. IMHO it really, really is a wonderful crafting tool.

Do wish the Expression had wireless capability..... Only the E2 does. I had the E2 and returned it just didn't like it but that's just me.

3-Are there lots of flaws in the program? No, it is always being updated.

My latest cartridge is December 24th, but I couldn't find it in the list of cartridges. The Heritage cartridge has an antique bicycle, but if I search for "bike" or "bicycle" that image does not come up.
You should really view some of the vids & many of your questions will be answered. There is a specific way to obtain a cartridge for use in CCR... to much info to place here.

HTH and good luck with CCR.