View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #43
sewflake
Proud Fan Club Member

Terri, I can relate to what you are saying. There is a big gap in my picture taking from the early years when my kids were growing up. There are years worth of great memories with no pictures to scrap!! Then my grandkids came along, and I got into scrapbooking about the same time. My DDIL said I looked like a Chinese tourist with my camera hanging around my neck taking picture after picture after picture. lol

I was never one to take so many pictures that I could or even wanted to fill an album with single event photos. Not only does it get boring for me making the pages, but I would never read all the journaling done in whole album. I can tell you for a fact that everone that looked at the Christmas album I did complete, did not read the journaling, they just looked at the pictures. I find it much more enjoyable to scrap a few pages of single events, therefore I have been taking fewer pictures over the last couple of years. Like you said, some of the events we do year after year, although it is fun to see how the kids have changed.

Now if I was all caught up on my scrapping then I would definatly have to lower my goal for finished pages.............. speaking of which I better get a move on scrapping, my DIL wanted to take a bunch of pictures of my son (her huband) of his baby/early years, and each was a one-of-a-kind with no hope of having re prints made. I hated to see them go as a few were my favorites, but I knew she will get them in a scrap book. I tired to get them copied but it was the day before they were to leave and I just did not have time. Oh well, the whole idea of having scrap books is to leave them for the next generations.

To my scrap table I will go............................
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!