View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #34
Karen3000
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jened View Post
I too am struggling with this problem. I have SU, PTI, AMUSE, Hero Arts, and many old PSX stamps - in other words every type imaginable - and they take up so much room! I just started putting the new PTI sets as well as some of my Hero Arts in the Tim Holtz folders and love it. The question I have is if I do this and no longer have the original packaging, is anyone going to want to purchase them when I purge? I find that after a while I get tired of some of them and want new stuff
I have sold stamps at garage sales over the years and last year was the best result I have had. I took some SU clam shell boxes and added the stamps until I was satisfied. They were all mixed stamps (unless there was something that had to have more than one stamp or it didn't make sense) but all were cling rubber. I think I put $5 each on them and sold every box. The year before I had them packaged as sets in clear zip top bags with cardstock to back them and I didn't sell any. It may be that I just got lucky, but I got rid of them and made some money back on my investment. I'm going to do the same thing again this year, but I'll have some boxes with clear stamps this time in addition to rubber. As far as packaging, I'm not going to save it. I have split up many of my sets now anyway - it makes more sense for how I use my stamps. Especially worked for Christmas cards - if I was doing a snowflake card I had all my sentiments that referred to snowflakes in one section, all my snowflakes in another. The hard part for me are those miscellaneous stamps that just don't seem to fit in a general category. And I purged a lot - after all, how many thank you stamps do you need? Or stamps that are some sentiment that you can't ever see yourself using? It's been a long and very time consuming process but I'm happy I did it
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!