View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
lblalonde
Cardstock Collector

Default Versafine & Chalk Inks

Another vote for Versafine. I use clear stamps all the time and struggled to find an ink that worked well. I finally tried Versafine and it is the best on both clear and rubber stamps. Staz-on works well too but it is supposed to be bad for clear stamps so I only use it when I plan to do some type of coloring that might make the ink bleed. When I do use Staz-on with clear stamps, I clean the stamps with Staz-on cleaner and then I wash them right away with soap and water and rinse them. So far, it doesn't seem to have any damage to the stamps. I also recommend Studio G chalk inks. They are inexpensive and do well with clear stamps. The image isn't as crisp as Versafine but you don't get the beaded, blotchy look so if you really want color, I would recommend chalk. More cleaning tips - I find that Versafine doesn't completely clean off clear stamps with soap and water so I wipe them with baby wipes first and then I rinse them off. Conditioning - I tried rubbing clear stamps with an eraser and found that it didn't help at all. When I switched to Versafine, it worked great on brand new clear stamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!