I just switched my first Papertrey set to a panel. OMGosh. It was a set that I'd needed two CD cases for, and the index sheets were longer than the CD cases so I'd had to cut them and fuss around with fitting them on the back of the case and then couldn't quite fit the stamps over their images so everything was kind of jammed in every which way.
I took a clear polycarbonate panel I got from Stampers Best (you can buy polycarb sheets for cheaper, but I already have these) and a piece of WW cardstock (I have some cheap white CS on order so I don't have to use my good stuff for indexes) and stamped all the stamps on the paper and then set the panel on top of the index and put all the stamps on top of their images, and then stuck the index paper into the page protector after running a short line of dotto on the top to smush against the page protector and thus keep the index from coming out of the page protector when I remove the panel and then slid the panel of stamps behind it and stuck it in the bin.
Then when I used the set this afternoon, I just took out the panel, put it on top of the page protector (so I could see my index) and used it to find the stamps I wanted and then again to be sure I had them all in place before putting the whole thing away. I could see all the stamps in the set at once, clearly. Plenty of room for everything. What an improvement over the CD cases. I can't tell you.
It's so nice when something works out.