View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #116
Susanne527
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Listening to Claire fall asleep is strange sometimes.

She doesn't always fall asleep right away and I don't know what she does...whether she stands and then falls, or rolls into the sides of the crib. But I can hear the "THUMP", "THUMP" occasionally and sometimes she lets out a brief cry after a thump. But then, it's DEAD silent....did she knock herself out?!?!? What happened?

She is SOOO tired tonight and she fought nap time so much this afternoon. She usually naps at 11 for 2 hours, maybe 3. She didn't get down till 1 today and only slept for 40 minutes. We tried on and off for awhile and finally won the battle again at 4. She slept until shortly after 6, which was good.

Tonight, I was expecting a fight, but about five minutes after I put her down...thump, cry, silence.
Because all three of mine were close in age (baby, toddler and older toddler) they all shared a room--until we moved K/oldest into the downstairs bedroom (off the kitchen)--I'd play soft music, get the baby down first in their bedroom with this oversize cozy rocker chair--(we put a million miles on that chair) Then, start with the other two downstairs--both Tom and I would take one each and read, rock, listen to music...so by the time we got them to their beds they were like wet blankets! But nighttime was busy--imediately after dinner it was bath time...let them have their last hurrah playin' with dad--then milk...light snack and then the bed proceedings followed! Thankfully, they were always rather accepting of having to be quiet...I was always amazed by this..really..think about 3 kids in one room!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!