Hello everyone!!! I hope you are all rested after such a busy holiday month and looking forward to a great New Year's celebration!!! Just think....it's almost 2013!!! Are you ready to ring out the old year with a super fun challenge??? The last TLC challenge of 2012 is the Chalkboard Technique!!! I first saw this technique on my friend, Tammy Hershberger's (stampertammy) blog and just knew that I wanted to use it for one of our TLC's.
Here are the deets:
1. Run an embossing buddy over a piece of black card stock.
2. Stamp the image or sentiment with Versamark and emboss with white embossing powder.
3. You can stamp with white ink and emboss with clear ep, however, it won't give you the shocking white effect.
4. Now, add your *chalk dust* by sponging white ink onto the black card stock. You can use a paper towel or your finger...use what ever you have.
5. You can also use a white pencil...write your message with the white pencil onto the black cardstock then rub the lead on your fingers or a sponge and add the *chalk dust*
6. I wonder what powdered sugar or cornstarch would do to the black cardstock....they might work, too!!! Just remember to use a spray sealer to prevent the powders from dissapearing.
Joy on the Chalkboard
Bring in the Sunshine
Remember when uploading to use keyword TLC410 (no spaces)
You can view the entire TLC410 Gallery here