Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #94
NavyWifeArmyMom
Crimping Master

Smile Out With The Old!!

This thread is just what I have needed. I've been out of stamping/scrapping/crafting for several years and my craft room has become to junk room of the house. It is SO bad now it looks almost like a "hoarder" lives there!! I've recently realized how very much I miss the creativity of stamping/scrapping/crafting, but with my room the way it is, there is NO WAY! So, I've been looking at ways to update my room, make the space more useable, organized, and most of all attractive - "pretty it up" a bit. To do THAT, I know I have to start purging!! I've seen myself SO much in everyone's posts - I've got a 3-4 foot long section of DP!!! A HUGE collection of old paper craft magazines and catalogs!! The top shelf in my clothes closet holds more than half my 200+ sets of Stampin' Up stamp sets - the rest are on the shelves of my 3 floor to ceiling bookcases. Other shelves contain a wide variety of embellishments, flowers, glitter, paints, etc. More ribbon than ANYONE could use in a lifetime!! I have another smaller closet with shelves full of small baskets of embellishments and craft supplies. Scrap booking supplies hide under a table. I don't have a craft room, I have a craft STORE!! Everyone's descriptions of feeling "overwhelmed" by "stash" rang very true here! I could literally have a panic attack thinking about all the STUFF in my room!! So, next week. The purging will start!! I'm hoping to get started back as a Stampin' Up demo, so I'll need to purge retired stamp pad and re-inker colors.

I'm also going to get started unmounting all my wood mount stamps (probably 98% of what I have). I don't really want to purge stamp sets until I KNOW what I have and have it out where it can actually be used.

You all have inspired me!! I'll be back with updates and maybe to start posting some before, during, & after pictures!
PURGE ON!!
Rhonda

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!