View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
raquelita_uno
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a suggestion that will burn through the patterned paper and you'll make some kids really excited at the same time. I've been making altered composition books for all my daughter's friends for birthday gifts. They're inexpensive for ALL those parties, the large composition books use 2 sheets of patterned paper, and they are often the favorite gift at the parties. One girl even told my daughter that she couldn't wait to invite DD to her party so she could get one! You can find really cheap notebooks in all sizes and could even use up the 6x6 pages you've got. Nothing says the front and back have to be the same paper even. I don't do much embellishment for the kids since I want it to be really usable and durable. Next fall I plan on giving each student in my 2 DDs classes their own notebook and matching pencil (I break off the plastic tab on a mechanical pencil and cover it).

Oooohhh...think how much paper you could use up with a desk set and what a great gift. Altered composition book, pen or pencil, coordinating notecard set. I have some gifts to complete!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!