**REGISTRATION IS CLOSED**
Hudson Valley NY SplitCoastStampers Get Together
Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Dutchess County, 2715 Route 44, Millbrook, NY 12545
Join us for a day of stamping fun!
Hope you’re planning to join us at our fourth annual Hudson Valley NY SCS Get Together. Here’s the info:
What is a shoebox swap?
This is a fun day that allows you to create a lot of cards in a short time (the shoebox projects), but only having to come up with one great idea of your own! You will bring enough "shoebox kits" for all participants to create your project, plus two finished projects for your shoebox sample and hostess thank you
. We will break up into tables and stamp the day away. Bring 19 kits + 2 completed (one for shoebox example, one for hostess).
– $20.00 per person ($21 via PayPal). Your registration must be paid no later than noon on Friday, February 22
. Mail your registration form and payment to me. There are no refunds, but you may offer your spot to someone else. Here’s what’s planned.
– You’ll know how many to make when we post the final counts, and you’ll have plenty of notice since the deadline is 3 weeks ahead of the event. You can participate in any one, some or all of these swaps.
* Card Front Swap - Final Count - 7.
See post #6 below.
* ATC Swap – Final Count - 6.
See post #8 below.
* 3-D Swap – Final Count - 5.
See post #9 below.
* Recipe Swap – Final Count - 3.
See post #7 below.
* 3x3" Notecard Swap – Final Count - 6.
See post #9 below.
Mandatory Shoebox Project
– Bring your idea and all the supplies (pre-cut but generally not pre-stamped or pre-punched) needed for making your project for the entire group. Quality products and cardstock, such as Stampin’ Up!, is required. A project will generally be a full card, with a minimum of two layers and one embellishment, although non-card projects are also welcome. These projects should not take more than 10-15 minutes to complete. We definitely do not want to discourage challenging cards or cards showcasing “new” techniques. However, if your card is intricate and fancy you may want to pre-stamp or pre-assemble some items for the other stampers. Please provide any special adhesive that's needed. Make these something you’d be thrilled to get yourself.
Prior to the swap day, you will need to create a card and then make a kit for each person, which contains all the supplies, in your shoebox or basket. Put your original card sample, your “kits”, stamps, ink and anything else that is needed but not in the basic supply kit in the shoebox or basket. You may choose to put each kit into a separate sandwich bag. Include written/printed instructions for your card in your shoe box. You will not be demonstrating these, so please make sure your instructions are very, very clear so that even beginners can easily complete your card. On the outside of your box, please put your name so we know who made which project. You may want to cut a few extras in case boo-boos occur. Please label all your supplies. The number of kits needed depends on how many people we get to sign up. In addition, please bring the hostess's copy of your shoebox project completed, as a thank you. I probably won't be able to stamp during the day, and I don't want to miss anything! Bring 19 kits + 2 completed (one for shoebox example, one for hostess).
– We’re going to have sign ups for food, so please indicate on the registration sheet what you will bring to share. Please be specific; don’t just say “food”! Bottled water will be provided.
– Bring your stamps and stamping supplies to sell or trade. Current Stampin’ Up! items must be offered for trade only; you can sell retired items. Sorry but we can’t be responsible for missing items so bring things at your own risk.
– for everyone! Everyone will leave with a bag of fabulous goodies. The goodie bags will all have the same value with some variations in colors, etc.
– There will be a limited number of door prizes available, by random drawing. Donations from our own group are always welcome so let me know if you’d like to make a door prize donation and what it is. We will, of course, be awarding the +1’s from all of the swaps.
– You don’t have to sign up for this one, but if you would like to participate, bring a wrapped gift related to our stamping passion. We will draw for those so that everyone who brings one will also leave with one. Value on these should be about $5, and stamped projects are always appreciated! If it’s something you’d like to take home, it’s probably perfect! This swap will be done “Yankee Trader” style. Be sure to include your name somewhere inside so the lucky winner knows who to thank. REMEMBER: Stamping-related!!!
– Please bring your own labeled items for your personal stamping needs, including your favorite adhesive. These are the items you just can’t stamp without, like: bone folder, paper cutter/scorer, scissors, straight edge, stamp cleaner and whatever else you can't stamp without! Did I say adhesive????? Adhesive! You will likely need lots of it.
Make and wear a nametag
with your name (and your SCS name) so that we know you on sight. There may be a nametag contest so keep that in mind when you’re creating yours.
Don't forget your camera
Other things to remember: We're not running a race so SPEED is not the intent of the day. It is supposed to be a FUN day of stamping not seeing whether you can be the first one done. If you're done first, you will have ample opportunity to VISIT with your stamping friends.
Complete the registration form and forward with your $20 payment ($21 via PayPal) by noon on Friday, 2/22. All funds collected will be spent on the event. Your registration is complete when your payment is received. Hope you can make it!
**Registration documents have been updated on 1/16/13 and added to post #66 (page 2).**