View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #32
gregzgurl
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jened View Post
I too am struggling with this problem. I have SU, PTI, AMUSE, Hero Arts, and many old PSX stamps - in other words every type imaginable - and they take up so much room! I just started putting the new PTI sets as well as some of my Hero Arts in the Tim Holtz folders and love it. The question I have is if I do this and no longer have the original packaging, is anyone going to want to purchase them when I purge? I find that after a while I get tired of some of them and want new stuff
If you have room to store the packaging outside of your creative space, it might be wise. Having said that, I will also say that - for myself - I could care less about the packaging or even mounting of the stamps. I ONLY care about the stamps themselves when I buy from the B/S/T forum or off of blogs or at yard sales or anywhere else! As long as the images stamp well, I don't even care if they're "pretty"! I've bought some pretty stained-up stamps and cleaned them up myself, and I always un-mount anything that's not bare rubber.

I've decided to not even worry about having full sets when I start purging/selling/giving away this next round. I figure that I bought them and will keep what I will use - even if I'm breaking up sets - and that if anyone wants the rest "as is", I'll sell them at a discount. If not, I'll give them to good homes (senior center, Girls and Boys Clubs, Goodwill, friends, whatever)...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!