View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #51
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking I'm In

Happy New Year (almost) ! I spent the last week doing a MAJOR Purge/Re-Org on my Stamp/Scrap/Office. I sold, gave, PIF'd and threw out a ton of stuff and now feel much more inspired.

I'm like many of you, I read the "cold turkey" thread and it was just like the word "diet" for me. The more I tried not to spend anything the worse I was. I think Balance or Moderation works much better. We did have a thread about budgeting and tracking and it went very well up until about August and then all interest was lost ... LOL! Probably something in the research on why people don't keep their New Year's Resolutions?

I kept track of spending last year, put all my craft purchase receipts in one box which really made me think carefully about spending. This year I'd like to take it a step further and if I buy something new, I want to move out something old so I don't get overwhelmed again.

I'll go back and read how you "credit" the items as I think that will really help too. I was inspired by the thread about not buying just to get free shipping or some free item, sad to say but I think that will save me money as well.

All good, I'm in for 2013
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!