View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #26
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
Sue - are you making an index card for each stamp separately? Right now I'm just making an index sheet for each panel. It occurred to me that having an index card for every stamp and then a file system broken down my category would be useful but it seems like a lot of work.
"Hello - My name is Sue, and I'm an organization addict..." I've tried out five or six different storage systems so far, and have attempted various ways to index all of the stamps, too! I currently have full-size binders with pictures of entire sets, organized alphabetically by manufacturer (and alphabetically within each manufacturer), so I can see which stamps go together. I have a couple of other full-size binders that have a mix of trading card pages and photo pages with individual images stamped on cardstock in them and organized by category, so I can look things up that way.

I currently have the stamps themselves on panels in binders by manufacturer (and alphabetical within manufacturer), but what I'm finding (as mentioned in my post above) is that I have way too many stamps, and don't love all of them. I'm creating panels of "favorites" to go into binders of "favorites", and will see how that goes. I'll probably end up getting rid of a fair number of stamps in the near future, as I've already seen quite a few "what was I thinking?" and "similar enough to count as duplicates" stamps. I'm leaving the non-favorites in their current binders (by manufacturer) until I make up my other mind...

I would REALLY, REALLY love to land on a solution that I could be happy with in the long-term. I feel like I spend more time rearranging and reorganizing and indexing than I do creating - very frustrating! I truly think that my problem is overwhelm/overkill - I just need to purge!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!