View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #48
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBlossom View Post
I'm actually feeling the opposite. I've gone so frugal for so long that it's taking the fun out of shopping altogether. I'm now trying to find the joy in getting new stuff again to spice up what's become a tad boring. Perhaps what we're all seeking isn't one extreme or the other, but balance. Healthy balance.
Being frugal for too long is just no fun. I have done it too and I would get so excited about going shopping. I am like "Ohhhh, new stash!" I am so proud of everything I buy then because it's such a luxury and treasure.

I want a healthy balance. I go to Michael's every week out of habit. It's right in my shopping area. I walk up and down the aisles looking at all the same old stuff over and over again. I never buy anything. You know it's bad when the staff asks you to help them find something for a customer, lol. I like helping but I thought maybe I need to stop shopping there.

I have a friend who goes to stamp shows and she buys Nesties three packs for $20. Even using coupons I don't get deals like that. Her stamps she buys are so beautiful. I don't have those opportunities to shop like that. I thought why don't I? If I stay out of the darn craft stores I can. All the savings can go for a weekend road trip to a stamp show. I can be around stampers, learn new techniques, visit a new town & find some new inspiring stash. I know it might be a little bit more financially but I have new memories to treasure and that means so much to me.

Tonight I went shopping. I did not go to Michaels but I did go to a different store (non-crafting) where I bought some beautiful jewelry pieces and new beads to work with. I did spend more than I usually do per week but it was my Christmas money. I can't stop looking in my box at my new stash. I am really proud of it.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!